[cfarm-users] Please cleanup your /home on farm machines

Bart Van Assche bvanassche at acm.org
Thu Jan 18 16:24:15 CET 2018

On 01/18/18 03:17, Baptiste Jonglez via cfarm-users wrote:
> Please check each of these machines: if you have unused data in your home
> directory, it should be deleted!

Hello Baptiste,

How about /tmp? There are several systems in the cluster with thousands
of files in /tmp. How about installing a cron job that e.g. removes all
files and directories from /tmp that are older than one week? This is
the shell command I use on my own systems to remove files from /tmp that
are older than one day:

find "${1:-/tmp}" -maxdepth 1 ! -mtime 0 -ls -exec rm -rf {} \;

Bart.