[cfarm-users] gcc112/ppc64-le, and undefined reference to __cxa_thread_atexit_impl

Segher Boessenkool segher at kernel.crashing.org
Tue Feb 20 13:29:51 CET 2018

On Tue, Feb 20, 2018 at 11:54:34AM +0000, Jonathan Wakely via cfarm-users wrote:

> That's not the latest compiler. It's not even an officially released
> compiler, and it doesn't even seem to have been built for the right OS
> (it predates the upgrade to CentOS).

No, it is more than two months younger.  But it was built on a different
machine (and different OS).  As I explained a few times already, I put
it there to help people who cannot easily build a compiler with Ada
support (because centos does not ship that currently).

And it in fact works fine for that.  I used it yesterday to build that
gcc8-r257824, which will work for more things (it has a working libstdc++,
or at least the GCC testsuite didn't complain).

GCC 7 RC2 is essentially identical to 7.0.1 fwiw.

Segher