[cfarm-users] gcc112/ppc64-le, and undefined reference to __cxa_thread_atexit_impl

Jonathan Wakely jwakely.gcc at gmail.com
Tue Feb 20 13:29:27 CET 2018

On 20 February 2018 at 12:21, Jeffrey Walton <noloader at gmail.com> wrote:

>>> Oh, my bad. I thought the latest stuff was installed in /opt/cfarm.
>>>
>>> So I am clear: we are _not_ supposed to use stuff in /opt/cfarm. Is
>>> that correct?
>>
>> That's not what he said, he said "If you choose to override the
>> defaults and refer to a random compiler whose origin you don't know,
>> you may encounter unintended consequences".
>
> Now I am even more confused.
>
> The admins install stiff in /opt/cfarm. I used to look in /usr/local
> for the upgrades, but I was told to look in /opt/cfarm instead.
>
> How is that randomized shit that nobody knows anything about?

Nobody said it's randomized shit that nobody knows about, it's a
compiler YOU don't know anything about. The suggestion was that if
YOU, Jeff, do not know what /opt/cfarm/gcc7rc2 is or where it comes
from, maybe you shouldn't be relying on it, and if it doesn't work,
stop using it (as I've already said, it doesn't work because it was
built for a different OS). Unless you specifically need to reproduce a
bug with GCC 7.0.1 RC2 then that version wouldn't be very useful even
if it was built for the right OS.

The other packages in /opt/cfarm should be OK to use if you need GMP, MPFR etc.