[cfarm-users] Installing emacs on GCC119/AIX

CM Graff cm0graff at gmail.com
Wed Oct 11 19:36:38 CEST 2017

The excessive "loling" here exemplifies the need for the following
scholium, and because many have taken single sentences out of context
I will include all of the details in one sentence delineated by commas
and transitions; Here is a time-line of the Almquist shell's journey
through the various important contributors to unices
https://www.in-ulm.de/~mascheck/various/ash/ash.png as you can see AIX
is not on this list, however NetBSD, FreeBSD, Debian and Slackware are
and this time-line serves to show an accurate picture of important
contributors, as to segher's comment stating that group consensus is
unimportant i will point out the illogic of critically approaching any
sentence with the word "should" as erroneous, and Segher, as the
largest single user of cfarm resources you 'should' be more interested
in providing donations yourself than soliciting or demanding them from
other community members, furthermore, the IBM staff (Stephen R.
Loomis) mention of the need for node.js testing is irrelevant as it is
only tangentially related to the gcc compiler suite, additionally, the
request for BSD support should not be considered in any way novel or
unique to my particular needs as FreeBSD and NetBSD have been the
obvious workhorses that kept free software alive outside of the
impressive effort of Richard Stallman (the other Allman) et al,
anecdotally, none of us came to the cfarm for more virtual machines so
"run it in a virtual machine" is as merit-less as "don't reinvent the
wheel".
Graff