[cfarm-users] Installing emacs on GCC119/AIX

Jeffrey Walton noloader at gmail.com
Wed Oct 11 17:54:35 CEST 2017

On Wed, Oct 11, 2017 at 11:39 AM, CM Graff via cfarm-users
<cfarm-users at lists.tetaneutral.net> wrote:
> Continued mention of the need for nearly useless AIX cross platform
> testing while not addressing the need for useful netbsd and freebsd
> cross platform testing is illogical.

I mat be mis-parsing things, but you seem to be conflating two issues.
First, you say AIX is useless. But testing on AIX with GCC and XLC
revealed several issues in Crypto++, which is a free and open software
project: https://github.com/weidai11/cryptopp/issues?q=is%3Aissue%20aix
. So I don't think its useless.

The second is, you want NetBSD and FreeBSD machines. Maybe even a
DragonFly that continually runs out of disk space due to its Hammer
filesystem :) That seems like a separate problem. Perhaps you can
submit a request for two additional VM's - one for NetBSD/PPC and
another for FreeBSD/PPC.

Testing on Solaris often produces similar findings. Its like Wakely
said, I'd love to get my hands on some Solaris machines for testing. I
have a Solaris 11 running on a G5; I need Ultrasparc and Solaris 10
for testing.

Jeff