[cfarm-users] gcc22, gcc23, gcc24 ssh login problem

Bruno Haible bruno at clisp.org
Sun Nov 26 01:21:44 CET 2017

Hi,

Has there been a recent change to the ssh configuration on the machines
gcc22, gcc23, gcc24 ?

Up until recently I could ssh into these machines. Now it asks for the
password, which indicates a problem with the ~/.ssh/ directory or the
files therein. But https://cfarm.tetaneutral.net/sshkey/list/
indicates that my keys (last updated several months ago) are fully synced.

"ssh -v -v -v haible at gcc23.fsffrance.org" shows that for each key that my
ssh client is offering to the server, the ssh server replies with a
packet of type 51 (= SSH_MSG_USERAUTH_FAILURE):

debug3: send packet: type 50
debug2: we sent a publickey packet, wait for reply
debug3: receive packet: type 51

I can login into gcc110, gcc202, gcc45, gcc67 without problems.

Any idea?

Bruno