[cfarm-users] Upgrade on gcc12, gcc13 and gcc14

Martin Guy martinwguy at gmail.com
Sun Jul 23 13:39:24 CEST 2017

On 22/07/2017, Jeffrey Walton via cfarm-users
<cfarm-users at lists.tetaneutral.net> wrote:
> On Sat, Jul 22, 2017 at 4:16 AM, Aymeric via cfarm-users
> <cfarm-users at lists.tetaneutral.net> wrote:
>
>> I plan to upgrade during the third week of August (w33) :
>>
>> - gcc12 and gcc13 to Debian 7 (they are running Debian 5) ;

>> After that we won't have any Debian 5 on the farm, if you still required
>> a Debian 5 please let me know asap so we can at least keep one running.

I don't *require* Debian 5 as such, but to improve portability I find
it useful to check that things still compile and work with older libcs
and other libraries. From that point of view, I find having a wider
variety of systems is more useful than having the same latest version
of the same OS on many machines.

gcc12 is also the machine that's been up the longest:

gcc12:~$ uptime
 13:26:12 up 2575 days,  4:49

which made seven years on the 3rd July. Happy birthday gcc12!

However, whatever, and many thanks for your work