[cfarm-users] gcc110 /home is now 98% full

Segher Boessenkool segher at kernel.crashing.org
Wed Mar 6 20:37:34 CET 2024

On Wed, Mar 06, 2024 at 01:31:57PM -0600, Zach van Rijn wrote:
> On Wed, 2024-03-06 at 13:27 -0500, Sean McGovern via cfarm-users
> wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > [seanmcg at gcc1-power7 Projects]$ df -h | grep /home
> > /dev/md4        1.6T  1.5T   44G  98% /home
> >
> > For such a large disk, this is very full.
> > I know I am not an administrator, but can I ask that users
> > clean their home directory on gcc110?
>
> I did a quick check, but did not log in as root, so I am
> definitely undercounting, however one stands out:
>
> 426G    segher
>
> and a handful of folks with multi-dozen GB homes.

I am the maintainer here.  Of cfarm, of thgis particular machine, and of
the PowerPC GCC port.  I used to uae be much more than that, and I do
need that (bigger!) space to do my work properly!

2TB is just not enough for popular systems (we need 3TB).  In the mean
time, everyone please clean up?

Segher