[cfarm-users] account email address

Baptiste Jonglez baptiste at bitsofnetworks.org
Fri Dec 15 19:57:25 CET 2023

On 14-12-23, Paul Eggert via cfarm-users wrote:
> On 12/13/23 01:44, Segher Boessenkool via cfarm-users wrote:
> > >    PubkeyAcceptedKeyTypes +ssh-rsa
> > >    HostKeyAlgorithms +ssh-rsa
> > >
> > > in the host-specific part of .ssh/config, so the most immediate issue is
> > > solved.
> > I also use
> > 	KexAlgorithms +diffie-hellman-group-exchange-sha1
> > for some old machines.  But that's the way to go yes.
>
> Thanks for letting us know about the ssh options. I often run into this
> problem when connecting to cfarm*.
>
> One little complication is that OpenSSH 8.5 (2021-03-03) renamed
> PubkeyAcceptedKeyTypes to PubkeyAcceptedAlgorithms, though the old name
> still works as an alias.
>
> Come to think of it, cfarm users would benefit if
> <https://portal.cfarm.net/machines/list/> covered this issue. That is, it'd
> be nice to have a column that somehow answers the question "If I'm running
> the latest OpenSSH, what options do I need to connect to cfarmNNN?" Or
> perhaps the info could be put into the "Show ssh config" button output.

Yes, it has been discussed multiple times, it would be very useful and
it's already on the TODO list.

Trouble is, adding that information on the list of machines while allowing
edition through the admin web interface is a bit involved: it needs Django
model changes.  Currently I'm the only one with enough expertise on the
Django code [1], and there are other priorities (-ENOTIME).

I believe at this point we could simply postpone this for the upcoming
cfarm.net static website, which should contain a documentation section and
will be easier to edit.  Zach has been working on this new website but
it's not ready yet.

Baptiste

[1] https://framagit.org/compile-farm/gccfarm