[cfarm-users] account email address

Paul Eggert eggert at cs.ucla.edu
Thu Dec 14 22:00:38 CET 2023

On 12/13/23 01:44, Segher Boessenkool via cfarm-users wrote:
>>    PubkeyAcceptedKeyTypes +ssh-rsa
>>    HostKeyAlgorithms +ssh-rsa
>>
>> in the host-specific part of .ssh/config, so the most immediate issue is
>> solved.
> I also use
> 	KexAlgorithms +diffie-hellman-group-exchange-sha1
> for some old machines.  But that's the way to go yes.

Thanks for letting us know about the ssh options. I often run into this
problem when connecting to cfarm*.

One little complication is that OpenSSH 8.5 (2021-03-03) renamed
PubkeyAcceptedKeyTypes to PubkeyAcceptedAlgorithms, though the old name
still works as an alias.

Come to think of it, cfarm users would benefit if
<https://portal.cfarm.net/machines/list/> covered this issue. That is,
it'd be nice to have a column that somehow answers the question "If I'm
running the latest OpenSSH, what options do I need to connect to
cfarmNNN?" Or perhaps the info could be put into the "Show ssh config"
button output.