[cfarm-users] [cfarm-announces] clock skews

Bruno Haible bruno at clisp.org
Sat Jan 8 07:39:17 CET 2022

Jeffrey Walton wrote:
> > > A quick
> > > workaround if you're using zipped archives is to add -DD to the command line.
> >
> > What do you mean? Neither 'tar' not 'make' takes a '-DD' option.
>
> I believe that would be the -D and -DD option to unzip (1).

This workaround would
  1) require repackaging the tarball (since "make dist" or "make distcheck"
     creates a .tar.{gz,bz2,xz,lz} file, not a .zip file,
  2) not prevent build errors, since the build system requires specific
     ordering of file stamps, e.g. 'configure' must be newer than 'aclocal.m4'
     and *.info must be newer than *.texi.

So, it's not a workaround in fact.

Bruno