[cfarm-users] Nvidia Jetson AGX Xavier in beta access (gcc80)

Baptiste Jonglez baptiste at bitsofnetworks.org
Sat Apr 17 18:12:00 CEST 2021

On 11-04-21, Andy Polyakov via cfarm-users wrote:
> Hi,
>
> > Any feedback about the hardware or software is welcome, especially during
> > the beta.
>
> Even though individual users can fix it in their personal rc file, it
> would be arguably appropriate to comment all LC_* assignments in
> /etc/default/locale. And while at it, one can even argue that
> LANG=C.UTF-8 would be more neutral choice;-)

Good catch, fixed :)  I guess the installer copied the LC values from my
system during installation.

> As for GPU programming. On Jetson by default only members of 'video'
> group can execute CUDA programs, and members of 'debug' group can debug.
> So that *if* you [still] want to provide general access to GPU you'd
> need to either make everybody member of these group, or arrange
> universal access to relevant /dev/nv* entries. One way to achieve the
> latter is to comment corresponding lines in
> /etc/udev/rules.d/99-tegra-devices.rules.

Interesting, thanks.  I have changed to permission of the devices to be
0666 so that they are usable.

Let me know if there's something interesting to do with this GPU and if it
requires specific libs.

Baptiste