[cfarm-users] Setting up GitLab CI for git.git on the farm

Ævar Arnfjörð Bjarmason avarab at gmail.com
Sat Nov 24 23:28:58 CET 2018

I got access to the farm a while ago to test free software projects I
work on, mainly git.git. I wanted to send a headsup about what I've been
up to.

I'm setting up something where the integration branches of git.git are
smoke tested on various machines on the farm. See the Git ML
announcement at
https://public-inbox.org/git/875zwm15k2.fsf@evledraar.gmail.com/

Currently I'm running things on these machines:
https://gitlab.com/git-vcs/git-gitlab-ci/blob/b8d4645891aa/.gitlab-ci.yml#L16-57

I've tried to be conservative about resources. It's all nice -n 19'd,
and with a conservative -j value relative to the number of cores:
https://gitlab.com/git-vcs/git-gitlab-ci/blob/b8d4645891aa/ci/gitlab/run-on-gcc-farm.sh#L62-163

I'd like to know if there's any questions / concerns about this, or if I
should just keep refining this approach. Thanks.