[cfarm-users] gcc67: new processor AMD Ryzen 5 2400G with Radeon Vega Graphics

Laurent GUERBY laurent at guerby.net
Mon Mar 12 08:41:29 CET 2018

Hi,

Not-for-profit ISP tetaneutral.net sponsored a new processor to replace
the faulty one on gcc67: a Ryzen 5 2400G with Radeon Vega Graphics
4C/8T 3.6/3.9 GHz.

Since this processor is fairly recent a 4.16.0-rc4 linux kernel has
been manually compiled and installed. The machine appears to be stable
surviving 48h of kill-ryzen.sh. Only issue so far is that at some
point in the boot process the console screen is frozen and stops
updating.

We didn't try the various GPU drivers yet, if you're interested
in testing code on the Vega GPU let us know what we need to compile and
install.

Thanks to Mehdi and Nicolas for their time on gcc67,

Sincerely,

Laurent

PS: we haven't decided yet what to do with gcc68.