[cfarm-users] Upgrade on gcc12, gcc13 and gcc14

Jeffrey Walton noloader at gmail.com
Sat Jul 22 13:28:05 CEST 2017

On Sat, Jul 22, 2017 at 4:16 AM, Aymeric via cfarm-users
<cfarm-users at lists.tetaneutral.net> wrote:

> I plan to upgrade during the third week of August (w33) :
>
> - gcc12 and gcc13 to Debian 7 (they are running Debian 5) ;
> - gcc14 to Debian 8 (running Debian 5).

+1

> After that we won't have any Debian 5 on the farm, if you still required
> a Debian 5 please let me know asap so we can at least keep one running.

Debian 5 is very old (relatively speaking); and GCC12 and GCC13 are on
commodity hardware (x86_64).

I think its of greater benefit to the community to perform the
upgrade. Its probably easier to maintain Debian 8 since its modern,
too. Those who want Debian 5 on x86_64 can easily stand up a local VM.

Jeff